With the ground-breaking advancements in cosmetic dentistry, nobody likes to roam around with a gap in their front or chipped teeth. New methods and techniques are being introduced each time to raise the bar higher and higher. Achieving that big white Hollywood smile is no longer a dream. But everything comes with some limitations.
Is Bonding Good for Front Teeth?
Dental bonding can be applied to all teeth. However, your front teeth get more exposure while eating, chewing, talking, and other activities. Naturally, the front teeth are prone to chips and cracks. Dental bonding on front teeth requires more maintenance and touch-ups than the back and side teeth.
How Long Does Dental Bonding Take?
It usually takes only 30-60 minutes to bond a single tooth. If you have to get multiple teeth bonded, you must require numerous visits to the dental office.
How Long Does Composite Bonding Last on Front Teeth?
Dental bonding on front teeth can last 5 to 10 years before your dentist decides to replace or touch it. Certain factors include your bite, eating habits, and chewing on hard foods. Watch what you eat to make your composite bonding on front teeth last long. Limit the consumption of hard and crunchy items we directly bite.
What Happens to Teeth Bonding with Time?
There are many reasons for dental bonding to wear out with time. Some of these reasons are:
- Composite bonding applied to your front teeth can gradually stain darker shades than natural teeth. However, you might not need replacement if you had it at the back of your teeth to cover cracks.
- Those individuals who applied dental bonding to conceal and lengthen crooked, chipped teeth. Suppose they continue to have the same grinding issues and bite problems. They can end up wearing the teeth bonding to crack or chip.
- The composite resin material is way weaker than enamel. Habits like biting fingernails or pens can easily cause severe damage to the dental bonding easier than natural teeth.
Tips to Make Your Teeth Bonding on Front Teeth Last Longer
Maintaining good oral hygiene will only benefit you, whether it’s your natural teeth or composite bonding. To determine how long teeth bonding lasts on the front teeth, you can take care of a few things. Such as:
- You must brush your teeth regularly without skipping a day, using a soft brush and gentle motions. Be certain to replace your toothbrush after every 3 months of use.
- Ensure that you floss every day and adopt the standard flossing methods. You can seek help from your dentist.
- Pay routine visits to your dentist for a thorough checkup.
- Avoid chewing on hard candy, jewelry, or other super-hard foods with the bonding on your teeth.
- Restrict your consumption of foods like coffee, wine, and cigarettes that cause staining.
Remember that how long teeth bonding lasts on the front teeth depends on how good of a caretaker you are. It can last 5-10 years without a touch-up if you adopt a good hygiene routine and give up habits that can harm it.