A crucial aspect of your life is ensuring you brush your teeth each and every day. Whether it’s enhancing that smile or cleaning up cavities, brushing your teeth can benefit your oral health in a variety of ways.
How Brushing Your Teeth Relates To Oral Hygiene:
Brushing your teeth improves your oral health and hygiene in many ways. By brushing your teeth, you are scraping plaque, a white mushy substance that forms on your teeth. By removing plaque, your teeth become healthier and can prevent cavities. If you don’t brush and clean your teeth for a long time, plaque will build up. This can lead to cavities, tooth decay, or bleeding along the gumline. Brushing also helps by stimulating your gums, leading to healthier gums and helping prevent gum disease.
How Long Should I Brush, And How Many Times Should I Brush In A Day?
Brushing is vital, so vital that it’s recommended by the ADA, preferably known as the American Dental Association, to brush twice a day and floss. Fluoride toothpaste is recommended. By brushing for 4 minutes a day, you’re ensuring that you remove all of your teeth and gums’ bacteria and plaque. Flossing can help remove food stuck between the teeth, avoiding an infection, swelling, or foul odor. Healthcare professionals highly recommend to brush once in the morning and once before bed.
Tips on brushing your teeth
- Aim your toothbrush at around a 45-degree angle and scrub between the teeth and gumline. Ensure you cover all your teeth from end to end.
- Many people use an absurd amount of toothpaste, but the truth is that it’s all the same. It is highly recommended to use a pea-sized amount of toothpaste on your toothbrush.
- While brushing, use a circular technique to clean off all the plaque, and then clean each tooth side to side
- Once you’re done with one side, don’t forget to clean the inside of the top and bottom of your teeth.
- Finally, spit out the remainder of your toothpaste, and if available, use any mouthwash.
If you are in need of a dentist, you have come to the right place! Smile 4 Ever is here to help with all your dental needs. Located in Houston, Texas, we can help you on your dental journey! If you are interested to learn more about all our services, call us today at 281-213-5668.