Braces are a popular and effective choice for straightening teeth — but what if you could align your teeth without having to live through the trials and troubles that come with braces? Well, that is exactly what Invisalign offers. These clear aligners fix orthodontic Issues in a discreet manner and come with a lot of benefits. But how does Invisalign work? We will discuss all about it in this blog!
What is Invisalign?
Advancements in dentistry have made it possible to have convenient alternatives to traditional treatments. Among these innovations is Invisalign, customized clear aligners that shift misaligned teeth into correct positions. While they have not completely replaced braces, Invisalign is pretty beneficial for those who are eligible for the treatment.
How Does Invisalign Work?
Invisalign works by applying consistent yet gentle pressure on teeth. The constant force works to shift your teeth into the right positions, and over time they become properly aligned.
The treatment does not involve one set of clear aligners but multiple. Generally, you’ll have to wear one set of aligners for around two weeks before you get a replacement. The reason you need a series of clear aligners is that your teeth gradually shift positions, and the orthodontist provides you with a new set of aligners personalized according to the position of your current teeth. This way, constant pressure is applied to your teeth, which continues to direct them into the correct alignment. Plus, your orthodontist will monitor if the Invisalign treatment is working fine for you.
In summary: Invisalign uses controlled force to slide different parts of teeth throughout the treatment. Each set of aligners will target specific teeth accordingly.
Is Invisalign Worth the Hype?
If you opt for Invisalign treatment, here are some benefits you can expect:
- Transparency: They work discreetly, as the transparent shade does not make them visible. No one would be the wiser that your orthodontic treatment is ongoing!
- Customized: The orthodontist will tailor them according to your teeth. And since they’re customized, they’ll snuggle right over your teeth with no discomfort!
- No Speech Issues: You will not have any speech troubles with Invisalign, given the fact that they are a perfect fit for your teeth.
- Removable: You can easily remove Invisalign when required. Though you have to wear them for a required time, you can easily remove them before eating or another activity. Make sure to clean your mouth before putting them back in!
- Proper Oral Care: They do not interrupt oral hygiene. You can easily brush, floss, and upkeep oral care with Invisalign.
- Comfortable: Compared to braces, clear aligners are much more comfortable and gentle.
- Aesthetics: They do not keep you from smiling and talking comfortably!
Contact Us for a Straight Smile!
Invisalign works by shifting your teeth in the right position, thanks to the controlled pressure! Your orthodontist can confirm if you qualify for this treatment, and you can make the most of the many benefits it offers.
At Smile 4 Ever Family Dentistry, our guaranteed treatments are bound to leave you with a beautiful smile. Dial (281) 213-5668 to book an appointment now! You can also visit us at 14715 TC Jester Blvd, Houston, Texas 77068.